Monday 22 February 2010

The Beginning of things to come.

'I have a dream'

It appears the vast majority of human kind experiences a deep urge to become something of significance. Not by the judgements of society, but by the judgements of self. To be something YOU have always wanted to be. Its almost definitely shown itself as the 'dream' ideal.
It can be as basic as 'when i grow up i want to be.....' or as complex and as terrifying as the mid life crisis.
I also seems that these dreams are hardly often realised, as there are far too many demands to keep a roof over your head, and a pillow under it. So as we grind away clocking on and clocking off, so do our dreams grind down into forgotten ideals. Concepts of ourselves that could have been. But considering there are nearly 7billion human lives on this earth, it seems a very slim chance that there is even ROOM for all those ideas and hopes, let alone the chance of actually realising it.

My 'dream' Is to become a photo-journalist. I want to show people things, and help them get the full picture, i want to express myself through people, places, things, stories. I don't know if I'd be any good at it, but if you asked the average 6 year old what they know about space travel, im sure you would hardly be convinced aeronautics is the right career path for them.

Bear with me, and read along. This is my first step, my first outburst of words i put onto this blog, and something to look back on as 'the start'

I know that in my pursuit of this, my 'pieces' will be in pieces. I will start them and allow them to come whole in front of my eyes.

Expect to see more about human dreams, and where they lead us.




1 comment: